[gui-talk] speaking of Dave Andrews and posts (was blankmessagesfrom this list)

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Sat Nov 22 15:43:55 UTC 2008

LOL. You've put that very politely, so far as I'm concerned. I find slogging
through the first set of headers and subject lines in posts like that a real
annoyance. I keep trying to imagine why they arrive like that. I think,
"Dave's posted in a normal way to this list many times, all by himself. Why
did someone else have to forward this post for him as if he didn't have a
subscription to this list or something? I usually have to force myself to
keep arrowing down to see what sort of message it is. Sometimes, I confess,
when I'm feeling really impatient or I have a bad headache or something, I
just delete. No offense meant to Dave. But I give up trying to figure out
what these things are. When I finally get to them, after all those headers
and subject lines, they often seem like announcements or public relations
statements, almost always about some event or product I'm not even concerned
about, not actual messages from Dave.