[gui-talk] connecting my laptop to my LCD TV

Scott Spaulding spaulding.scott at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 08:27:53 UTC 2008

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to do this? My laptop has the
standard 15 pin monitor connector on it. My TV has HDMI, S-video and
composite connections. I thought this was going to be real easy, but it is
not turning out to be that at all. The guy I talked to at Best buy yesterday
said I need something to convert the VGA to DVI and then the DVI to HDMI,
but the vga to dvi adapter they had was the reverse of what I need. It seems
like this would be simple to do without so many connections, but maybe it is
not possible without multiple conversions as listed above. Does anyone have
any suggestions?