[gui-talk] Configuring a REaltek High Fidelity Soundcard

Chris & Doris chipmunks at gmx.net
Wed Oct 29 09:51:56 UTC 2008

HI, I have a friend who has a Realtek High Fidelity chip on her win
xp system. This card needs to be configured thru its proprietry sound
manager interface which is highly graphical and pretty much
inaccessible under win xp. It is not possible to set this card up
successfully using only the windows volume control applet.

I was wondering if there is any way this card can be configured
manually or if there are any accessible 3rd party drivers for this chip.

Where in win xp are the soundcard settings stored?Is this stored in
the registry and if so, where, or is there an .ini or similar
configuration file somewhere?

Any ehlp would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Doris