[gui-talk] Fwd: The MSI Wind runs Mac OSX

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Thu Oct 30 11:53:16 UTC 2008

From: Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
To: vip-l vip-l at softspeak.com.au

Whilst many may not support the running of OSX on non-macintosh
hardware, it
is worthwhile noting that OSX Leopard will run on the MSI wind with a
couple
of small issues.
You'd need to replace the mini-pci wireless module with one that OSX
supports.
Sound and video however are supported, although opening your Wind to
upgrade
the wireless module or increase memory does void warranty.

sleep works; hybernate doesn't as OSX can't emulate the efi bios.
this is certainly not for the faint of heart, and I'll be posting my
netbook
reviews as they relate to blind people soon.

Netbook referring to the crop of small mini-laptops like the eeepc, MSI
Wind, HP Mininote etc.

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net
Windows Live Messenger:  internetuser383 at hotmail.com