[gui-talk] free daisy player

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Wed Aug 12 15:33:28 UTC 2009

Gerald,

DTB? Does that mean Daisy Talking Book? I don't think that technology plays
any part at all in this program.

Which is to say, the NLS has been running a program out of their regional
libraries, such as my local Braille Institute Library and others from Texas
to New York, handing out the new NLS digital Players to people who put
themselves on the list as interested, for some months now. There are basic
players and advanced players, with one more  row of navigation buttons,
which I'd have ordered if I knew they existed when I signed up.

They are meant to be used two was. One by inserted a plastic cartridge that
looks like a skinny audiocassette, the other by downloading files from the
online thing. Library.

Where are you, New York I think? Call your most local participating library
from which you get NLS books on tape and ask them what's going on, and don't
forget to express your interest. There's a new shipment doming to those
branches for distribution end of august.
Joel

P.S. This is all audio files, as far as I know. Nothing to do with Daisy.