[gui-talk] Basic inquiry about Mac, including the laptops

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Fri Aug 14 06:16:04 UTC 2009

as I've sort of watched the Mac evolving over the past couple of years in
the sense that its operating system seems to be getting close to achieving
self-voicing screen reader capability that an experienced jaws guy like me
might be able to take seriously, I'm asking for some thoughts.

Aren't there a couple of folks on this list who actually, already, *are* Mac
desktop or laptop users? How do you folks like your Macs? And Albert, I know
you've been toying with the idea of going Mac, same as I'm expressing now.
Just seems interesting to think about, now that I allow myself. This in
spite of the fact that I have Jaws 11 already paid for on my SMA, but my
goodness. I guess if I could get myself a brand new computer that didn't
heed it, would be nice to give away my old PC with new Jaws on it. To the
Braille Institute or something.

Nice ,anyway, a thought experiment. How about it, Mackies?

I have one more question, also to do with my daydreaming, but I'll post it
separately.