[gui-talk] Daydreaming about PC laptops. Any comments?

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Sat Aug 15 16:48:17 UTC 2009

chris G.,
'm willing to believe you without doing a lot of research, Chris. I just
need a few more words, understand? Tell me that "net" doesn't mean a
primitive little box equipped with just a screen and a keyboard with no
innards except whatever will allow it to go online and do everything there,
not just email or Web brewing but world processing in the Cloud, too, See? I
thought that is what "netbook" mean. But it seems you're saying it's simply
the next smallest thing below the size of a laptop.

That's all I want. Some conversation. Not a technical debate complete with
URLs and published research articles. Just teasing, but you get it? I've got
concerns, and have to figure out what will be adequately portable for me but
*not* underequipped or with too small a stock keyboard.