[gui-talk] NLS servers question (was Re: Can't log into the NLS download site)

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Mon Aug 17 21:21:41 UTC 2009

I may as well say that I downloaded a book from the BARD site earlier today,
and didn't even bother to inspect the path it was supposed to download to
because I haven't changed that and it comes up automatically in every Save
dialogue I initiate.

But after the couple of hours it took for the book to download, all I could
find on my hard drive were a couple of shortcuts to the zip file, but the
zip file itself was not where it should have downloaded to nor, according to
my Windows Search function, anywhere else, either. I thought that was kind
of strange. Could this have something to do, also, with whatever glitch of
"connectivity" is happening today with those servers? Or maybe I finally
have had the notorious "gremlin" experience people are always claiming to
have suffered.