[gui-talk] Traffic on the list

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Mon Aug 17 23:52:47 UTC 2009

Dave,

Okay. I get it.
joel

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Andrews" <dandrews at visi.com>
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 1:39 PM
Subject: Re: [gui-talk] Traffic on the list

Joel:

Please remember that everybody is not the same as you!  What is light
traffic to you may be to much for them, for reasons that you can or
will never know.  I did not find the message to be imperious or hauty
or emotional, but here again we are all different, and there is no
right or wrong.

Lists are all different, as are the people who use them.  Some people
are looking for community and discussion, and some want "just the
facts."  So trying to create a place where everybody can be happy is
difficult, and becomes more so as the number of subscribers goes up.

The list has gone a bit astray lately -- I let it happen though
because people were obviously interested and discussion was
timely.  However, for overall balance, it wouldn't hurt to pull the
reins in a little bit.

And to everybody, let's not now discuss this on and on, as to what is
appropriate etc.  Just move on with gui-talk-type questions/discussions.

David Andrews, Moderator