[gui-talk] Microsoft Outlook 2003 and 2007

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 18:22:01 UTC 2009

There is a ribbon in Outlook 2007, but only when you're either
reading, composing or replying to a message. The menu bar is still in
the main window of Outlook, such as when you're looking at a list of
messages in the Inbox or Outbox. I've been using Outlook 2007 at work
for awhile now and haven't had very many issues. It might take awhile
to figure out where everything is on the various ribbons, but it's not
as involved as in Word 2007. I'm not a huge fan of Outlook, since I
have other tools to manage my calendar and contacts that present a
simpler interface to me, but I've not had any major problems or issues
in Outlook 2007 with JAWS 9. I can't speak to JAWS 10.

Hth,
Wayne