[gui-talk] PDF accessibility

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Thu Dec 3 21:41:26 UTC 2009

A clarification in case it helps, though I can't tell if your message
was in response to my earlier one:  When I suggested that you give us
a patent number, I was not suggesting that you reveal anything that is
not already publicly available.  Having contracted at the US PTO
myself, I know something of how to locate a patent, and I also know
that a patent, after it is granted, can be viewed by anyone that
knows how to find it.  I simply thought it might save you and us some
time if you could give us a patent number to look up.  Anything you
are trying to keep from being discovered by other people would, pretty
much by definition, not be part of a granted patent, since getting a
patent granted exposes the thing patented.

I certainly understand your interest in protecting your work.  I'm
just trying to speed the communication of what is not restricted
information, so the rest of us can speak more informedly on what
you're trying to do.