[gui-talk] Windows Live Mail question

Cindy Handel cindy425 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 16 01:52:08 UTC 2009

I have a new Toshiba Netbook. It came with Windows 7 Starter on it. The
e-mail program I found on the computer is Windows Live Mail. I am currently
trying to use it as my e-mail program.

It's very similar to Outlook Express, so I'm not having problems, really.
But, when I download messages to the Netbook, they are still saved on the
server. So, if I download messages to my desktop, the messages I've
previously downloaded, to the Netbook, are still there and download.

In Outlook Express, and I'm told Windows Live Mail is the same, there's a
box to either check or uncheck in accounts/properties/advanced, to indicate
that messages should not be saved on the server. This is not in my Advanced
tab. I didn't see it with JAWS, and I just asked my niece to look at it,
tonight, and it isn't there.

What can I do about this? Should I contact Toshiba to find out why it isn't
there, or should I contact Microsoft? I assume Windows Live Mail is a
Microsoft product.

Thanks for your help.

Cindy

"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then...find the way."
Abraham Lincoln