[gui-talk] Fwd: Cisco courses for the vision impaired for 2010

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Mon Dec 21 04:27:29 UTC 2009

All prices in this message are in Australian dollars.  -Steve.

 From:    Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
 To:      vip-l vip-l at softspeak.com.au

Greetings.
Are you curious about the hardware inside of your computer? Do you want to
sharpen your troubleshooting and computer maintenance skills? Perhaps you'd
like to build a computer or home network of your own.
The Cisco academy for the vision impaired is accepting applicants for
classes in 2010. We Will be offering both IT Essentials 1 and Discovery 1
starting the first week of February.
ITE1 is an introduction to PC repair including: Hardware, installing and
maintaining an operating system, Troubleshooting, portable devices, and
customer service.
Discovery 1 is focused on home and small business networking. It is the
first of four courses that prepare students to take the CCNA certification.
Each class runs for a total of one year, with online lectures commencing for
the first semester. The classes are self-paced so you can finish them in a
month, a semester, or take the entire year if desired. The cost for each
course is $75.

The Cisco Academy for the Vision impaired enables blind students to enter
the world of Information technology. We provide Diagram descriptions, audio
lab recordings, live online lectures by blind and vision impaired
instructors, and a community of students and instructors to network with
even after you have graduated our course.
For more information on any of our courses please email caviinfo at gmail.com
You can also check out our brand new website: www.ciscovision.org

Students are required to have good access skills and be familiar with their
screen reader of choice, or be willing to teach themselves the necessary
skills as we go along.
There are pdf documents, and students should be familiar with reading these.
Course content is online, so a broadband internet connection is highly
recommended.
Students should also have a working headset/microphone and be willing to
install skype and ventrilo. We provide assistance to potential students for
this.
We are taking applications up until 20 January 2010.
If you wish to listen to the sort of lectures we do check out www.cucat.org
under student resources. All our past lectures are available to anyone who
wants them.

If you have questions email
caviinfo at gmail.com

Regards, Kerry.