[gui-talk] PREVX Virus and Worm Scanner

albert griffith albertgriffith at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 5 23:09:32 UTC 2009

Yes it will but it doesn't perform a automatic scan.  It searches out files
it thinks could potentially be dangerous and shows them to you in a list and
you do the picking.  It's not as hard as it sounds to pick the right file
though.  The good files will have their program name somewhere in them.  It
also does some kind of data base matching.  There are certain worms Trojans
and other nasties our antivirus programs just don't identify no matter how
good they are.  I'm assuming you've run a scan with your computer based
antivirus program.  Also, check to see if your ISP isn't offering antivirus
software.  I use AT and T Yahoo and they do but many other companies do now
as well.  They figure it's a good investment for them.  These programs are
often made by Symantec and MacAfee, (spelling)  I haven't used high jack
this in quite awhile so my explanation's shaky.