[gui-talk] PREVX Virus and Worm Scanner

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Tue Jan 6 03:41:41 UTC 2009

Albert,

The free scanning component is supposed to access a database of threats when it runs rather than using a definition
file.  When I was considering using this program, my virus definitions would not update and were a month old and the
December Windows Malicious Removal Tool had not downloaded so what I had was for the second week of
November.  If it works, it seemed like a very quick way to determine if the problems I was having was due to a threat
that had gotten past my virus program.  For me it was playing a different role.  It does remove some Ad-ware and such,
and there is apparently a paid version that removes more, but I really don't know that it is any better than a particular
virus program.  It was just an alternative to quickly see if my computer was infected without loading a second antivirus
program and all that.  It may be similar to HiJackThis,, I am not familiar with that program.

Best regards,

Steve