[gui-talk] Gmail

wcmerritt at gmail.com wcmerritt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 17:17:54 UTC 2009

You might also consider changing from the Standard view to the Basic
HTML view. There may be a link either at the top or bottom of the page
prompting that if you use a screen reader, you can switch to Basic
HTML view. Once you have made the switch, there will be an additional
link under the Account Options heading to set Basic HTML as the
default for Gmail. Basic HTML adds headings, and other elements that
make the whole Gmail experience lots easier to endure. Settings are
easier to access as well, though the number of settings is reduced
from the ones you get in the standard view. I've been using Gmail for
around 8 months and though it took a little getting used to, now i
have my mail labeled and filtered into different folders when it comes
in. It's working great and I love it.

Good luck,
Wayne