[gui-talk] Revo Uninstaller - a very Useful Program

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Fri Jan 9 15:09:19 UTC 2009

Recently I've been trying a free program called Revo Uninstaller available from www.revouninstaller.com and I'm finding it very useful.  It works well with Window-Eyes but you do have to use the mouse cursor at times in certain parts of the program.  I've also found the Window-Eyes Virtual View script helpful when using this program.  I think it would also work well with other screen readers.  Revo Uninstaller could be described as a very enhanced alternative to Add/Remove Programs that comes with Windows.  It has some other features but its main function is to act as an uninstaller.  Below is some information from the Revo Uninstaller home page.  -Steve.

Revo Uninstaller helps you to uninstall software and remove unwanted programs installed on your computer even if you have problems uninstalling and cannot uninstall them from "Windows Add or Remove Programs" control panel applet.  Revo Uninstaller is a much faster and more powerful alternative to "Windows Add or Remove Programs" applet!  With its advanced and fast algorithm, Revo Uninstaller analyzes an application's
data before uninstall and scans after you uninstall an application. After the program's regular uninstaller runs, you can remove additional unnecessary files, folders and registry keys that are usually left over on your computer.  Even if you have a broken installation, Revo Uninstaller scans for an application's data on your hard disk drives and in the Windows registry and shows all found files, folders and registry keys so you can delete them.

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net
Windows Live Messenger:  internetuser383 at hotmail.com