[gui-talk] FWd: ARTICLE - CAR TOPS WONDER'S WISH LIST

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Tue Jan 13 02:57:53 UTC 2009

From: Doug-Sloan (Melbourne) Doug.Sloan at austrade.gov.au
To: vip-l at softspeak.com.au

Hi

Interesting reading

Cheers
Doug

'Blind musician Stevie Wonder wants a car he can drive.  For now, he is
lending his support to gadgets that let visually impaired people stay in
tune with the digital era.  "Me, I'd like a car I can use to get
around," Wonder said when asked what technology breakthrough was at the
top of his wish list.  Appearing at the Consumer Electronics show in Las
Vegas, Wonder said he was a fan of new Apple Nano iPods, which speak the
names of titles in music libraries and feature a trademark control panel
that is simple to navigate by touch.  The show has gadgetry ranging from
new smartphones to envelope-sized computers.  Actor Tom Hanks helped
pitch Sony's products, including a computer small enough to fit in a
pocket and glasses with a video screen.  Flat-screen TVs can be embedded
with "widget" software offering on-screen links to YouTube and MySpace.
Motorola unveiled the first mobile phone made from recycled water
bottles.'

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net
Windows Live Messenger:  internetuser383 at hotmail.com