[gui-talk] JAWS 10

tribble lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 22:43:17 UTC 2009

I was going to do that as I didn't like auto forms mode the first time i
tried it, but after playing with it a while I found auto forms to be very
useful. It takes a bit of reflex action to prevent your fingers from doing
things the old way, but one nice thing about having forms mode automatic is
that you clearly identify the text between the form controls. Before you had
to explicitly turn off forms mode to catch a glimpse of the text, but in
auto mode it is all there in plain view.  This also obviates the need for
jaws to apply heuristics to guess what text to use as the label on a form
control.
I wonder why it took them so long to put in auto forms.
--le