[gui-talk] A USB Turntable question

Cindy Handel cindy425 at verizon.net
Sat Jan 17 23:27:41 UTC 2009

I got a USB turntable for Jerry, for Christmas.  We've been trying to get it
to work, but with no luck, so far.

The turntable, itself, works, because we hooked it up to our Bose and it's
playing an LP, now.  But, we can't figure out why it won't put any sound
into the computer.

A friend was here, last week, and said he could see the sound wave indicator
moving, which should have indicated something was being recorded.  But, we
get no sound through the speakers, and, when we tried to save and play a
recording, there was no sound.  Windows Media Player opened, but no sound
came through.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what I might try?

I have Windows XP Home on my computer, and I was using Total Recorder, when
I tried.  Although, our friend installed Audacity and nothing would play
after using that, either.

We're about ready to send the turntable back, but wanted to make sure we've
tried everything.

Cindy

"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then...find the way."
Abraham Lincoln