[gui-talk] Free Bible Reader Software With Modern Bible Translations

Chris & Doris chipmunks at gmx.net
Tue Jun 2 19:56:47 UTC 2009

Hi,

http://www.berbible.org/index.html

has a very easy to use basic Bible Reader program that has several
modern Bible translations licensed for it. While it does not offer
the NIV or Message Bible, it does come with the following modern
Bible versions

English Standard Version (ESV)
God's Word (GW)
New American Standard (NAS95)
New English Translation (NET)
New King James Version (NKJV)

In addition, there are several of the usual public domain Bible
versions available also.

the Berean Bible is very easy to use. It does not come with any
commentaries or other resources.  Only one Bible translation can be
viewed and searched at a time. For beginning users, I would recommend
setting the view to minimal", which means that just the Bible tree
with books and chapters, the Bible text itself, and an edit combo to
go to passages directly are visible and can be cycled thru in the tab order.

In addition to being simple to use, the Berean Bible is very small in
its footprint and use of resources. It does very well on older
hardwrare. Finally, it can be installed to a usb thumb drive and be
used portably.

I have used it with both jaws and nvda and I assume it will do as
well with window eyes.

I mainly mention it here because it offers several modern Bible
translations for free. Lack of modern Bible translations to choose
from is the main drawback of Bibleseeker, I think, which i otherwise
still recommend as a good Bible software package to start out with.

May God bless you richly in the study of his Word whatever
translation and means for reading it you choose.

Take care and God Bless,

Doris