[gui-talk] BARD download speed pretty bad for me

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 13:41:05 UTC 2009

I think it depends on how many people are accessing the site and
downloading books at that time. when it was first launched back in
early May, the first few days saw horrific download speeds, like what
you're describing Joel. However, after that point I've had pretty good
success. If I ever try to download something and notice that the speed
is less than 50K, I'll likely stop the download and try again later.
Since I know I can get and have gotten much faster speeds.

Good luck,
Wayne