[gui-talk] FWd: iPhone, a Reality Check

Rick Roderick rickrod at insightbb.com
Tue Jun 9 13:13:19 UTC 2009

I agree with Jonathan here.  Wjhat is so great about the touch screen if one
does not have vision?  The virtue of keys and buttons is that they don't
move.

Even if I can hear what I'm going over, it is till somewhat of a hunt and
peck method.

I often wonder about some of the decisions made about electronics, even when
they are accesible.  Why the need for a TV remote.  I realize that since I
have a hearing loss and sit close to the TV, but even if one has one, why
not put the keys on the TV, as well.

Then, there is the whole digital versus analog thing.  Why should a volume
control be digital?  Finer gradations,  at least more smooth ones, can be
punt into an analog one.