[gui-talk] FWd: iPhone, a Reality Check

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Wed Jun 10 20:43:50 UTC 2009

Rick:

There are reasons for all the questions you ask, and most have to do
with cost, but aesthetics, reliability etc., may also come into play.

As to the touch screen and electronics devices, I think we need to
wait until the device comes out and try it, reserving
judgment.  Apple is doing some interesting things, it looks like to
me, but until we try them out, I think we should reserve judgment.

It costs money to put duplicate controls on a device and the remote,
and most users are at a distance anyway.  Analog controls get dirty,
generally take up more space etc., hence the move away from them.

Dave