[gui-talk] Latest Jaws update. Worth the bother to download and install?

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Wed Jun 17 19:43:15 UTC 2009

I've just been to the FS page where they talk about the bug fixes and
improvements in succeeding releases/builds of Jaws 10, and the two things
below are all that seems is new this time around. let's be practical,
though. If I don't bother to install this update, will having failed to do
so cause me some trouble later when another update is posted, or when it's
time for me to install Jaws 11? I don't want to inconvenience myself like
that, but still I'm leery of dutifully installing each new update without
question when I hear someone complain that doing so screwed them up in some
way. Here are the only two items I found that look like changes in this new
build, and neither of these things is of any use to me:

a.. Resolved an issue where JAWS would not properly read the playlist window
in the latest iTunes® 8 automatic update.
a.. Resolved a reported issue with how JAWS worked with the Track Changes
feature in Word. Speech and braille were not working correctly for any
markups once the view was set to Final.
any comments from anybody who's already installed this build? Personally, I
always download from the site, and never use the update feature on the Help
menu. I've heard too many people say it doesn't work well for them, and I
feel safer just doing it myself. Don't want to get into an argument about
this if there are several passionate opinions. thanks for understanding.
civility is everything.