[gui-talk] Winamp interrupted

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Sun Jun 21 01:46:25 UTC 2009

I was just playing an audio file in Winamp, and I'd pressed the letter C to
make Winamp pause for a second. I must have been distracted or just not
thinking clearly, because instead of pressing C again to resume play, I
pressed the Jaws command Insert Down arrow,or Insert numpad 2, to resume
playing. Say all command.

of course that command didn't work. So I made sure Jaws was focused on
Winamp, then pressed C to get it going again. nothing. I checked time
remaining (Insert Shift T) and confirmed that I was still in the file I'd
been listening to, and still paused where I'd left it.

But C wouldn't work. So I tried to stop the file permanently with the letter
v, then start it playing all over again. No luck.

I exited Winamp then relaunched  it. This movie, I figured, ought to clean
up whatever was the matter.

But no. The file was still shown as playing and paused, and I couldn't make
anything happen.

Before I do a restart or someone tells me to run a system restore or a Jaws
repair  or buy a Mac or whatever, is there someone who can figure out what
happened, actually? I'm crossing my fingers, here. I know there are a lot of
Winamp fans on this list. Or I think so, anyway. Experts, even, maybe.

Thanks.