[gui-talk] Fwd: Maintaining Your Mac - Take Control

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Wed Jun 24 04:05:44 UTC 2009

 From:    Dane Trethowan grtdane at internode.on.net
 To:      VIP L vip-l at softspeak.com.au

Hi!

Something all users of Mac computers should consider in my view is the
purchase of the "Take Control" series of guides, I'm just reading
through the one dealing with Maintaining your Mac and there's some
pretty useful stuff in there and of even more interest to me is the
section which deals with defragmentation of hard drives.

The guide emphasises the point that with the Mac OS defragmentation
isn't so much of a problem but it can be a right pain when dealing
with lots of audio and video files as I do so I decided to look at
various pieces of software the guide gives links to, one is I-Defrag
at http://www.coriolis-systems.com/iDefrag.php and the software is
reasonably priced.

Unfortunately the demo doesn't allow you to do all that much but the
good thing here is that the interface is very accessible and easy to
get around it seems, given the low price of this software I'll
consider the purchase tomorrow but I'm going to have a look at the
other utilities the guide details, didn't realise there were so many
of them.

Dane Trethowan