[gui-talk] Fwd: changes between the beta of Window-Eyes 7.1and the final release

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Sat Jun 27 02:32:00 UTC 2009

 From:    Aaron Smith aaron at gwmicro.com
 Cc:      gw-info at gwmicro.com

Here you go:

Window-Eyes would not automatically restarted under specific
circumstances after a hibernation or suspension. This problem has been
resolved.

We fixed a problem where Window-Eyes would not read the reminder field
in Outlook 2007 when using the Up and Down Arrow keys.

We fixed a problem where Window-Eyes would not read drop down and combo
box choices if the combo box wasn't initially expanded.

We fixed a problem where arrowing up and down in the Lotus Notes Inbox
was not working properly.

We fixed a problem where text in the Internet Explorer address bar was
not displaying correctly in Line Mode.

We fixed a problem where Next/Prior Character/Line/Word would not work
in edit boxes.

We fixed a problem where Window-Eyes would crash when accessing the
Outlook 2007 calendar under Windows 7

We fixed a problem where editing around in edit boxes would result in
hearing dings rather than speech.

Physically clicking on an item in the Package Updated dialog would not
correctly update the appropriate buttons. This problem has been resolved.

We fixed a problem where you couldn't instantiate the GWSpeak COM
interface under a 64-bit operating system.

We solved a problem where some ActiveX controls would not instantiate
properly under Windows Vista or higher.

We fixed a problem where Braille Whole Word Mode was not functioning
correctly.

Line Mode now supports Alt-Tab correctly.

We fixed a problem where text would not display correctly in Wordpad or
Notepad in Line Mode.

Pressing a cursor routing key would cause the Braille display to jump
around in Line Mode. This problem has been resolved.

Using continuous search in Notepad (F3) in Structured Mode would result
in a blank display.

We resolved several Line Mode problems in Microsoft Excel while editing
formulas.

We fixed a problem where vertically overlapping clips would not display
correctly in Line Mode.

We fixed a problem where the display would jump horizontally in Line
Mode when it wasn't supposed to.

Added support for the APH Refreshabraille display.

We fixed some minor localization issues.

And maybe the most impressive statistic: we solved over 20 GPFs between
Beta 1 and the final release. Thanks again to everyone for sending in
error reports. Keep it up. Window-Eyes is what it is because of your
dedication.

Aaron

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net