[gui-talk] Displaying Hidden Data in WindowsXP

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 5 21:54:00 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

    Thanks to a power outage that fried My wife's computer last week I'm in
the midst of creating our email accounts on the new machine. Whenever I open
Outlook Express to check her email we're being prompted to enter her
password. As a security blanket I also have an account for her on my
machine. When her account is enabled this does not happen suggesting that
I'm entering the wrong password on the new machine. I need to compare
passwords with each other to ensure that I'm entering the correct one in to
her email account. How does one tell Windows XP Home and Pro to display
hidden data so I can check the password on my machine against the one I
entered for her on the new PC? If someone can send me the procedure for
doing this I'll appreciate that very much and our lives will be made much
easier.

Peter Donahue

"Given a chance to dream it can be done.
The promise of tomorrow is real.
Children of Spaceship Earth the future belongs to us all."
Flying for Me,
John Denver