[gui-talk] Using POP3 for Outgoing Server

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Thu May 14 14:34:36 UTC 2009

Does anyone know if there is a way to specify POP3 rather than SMTP as the outgoing server type in Outlook and Outlook Express?  It's a bit complicated to explain,
but the bottom line is that I have a case where it is necessary to say the outgoing server is POP3.  My old e-mail client, PMMail, let's me do this and I think some others
do as well.  However, I don't see any way to do this in Outlook or Outlook express.  Overriding the server name and port numbers to use the POP3 port doesn't seem to
be enough.  Anybody have any experience with this?

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson