[gui-talk] Recieved my NLS digital reading device: Now whaht?

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Sun May 17 02:07:40 UTC 2009

Actually, your time limits on files is not that far fetched. I've
heard, though only heard, that the program that the Texas State
Library uses, part of overdrive, has their books timing out and not
being able to be played after 2 weeks on someone's computer. I haven't
found a need to use the Texas library download program yet though,
even though I'm in Texas, mainly because the nLS program has nearly
15,000 books and the TSL program, last I heard, had half that number.
To each his own though I guess.

Wayne

On 5/16/09, Joel Deutsch <jdeutsch at dslextreme.com> wrote:
> Wayne,
>
> thanks. I was half kidding about the self-destructing file idea. I just
> didn't know how they worked this model of book lending. As for audio
> literature on digital files, I purchase audio books from audible.com
> regularly and have no trouble with hard drive housekeeping, although of
> course I keep an eye on how full my hard drive's becoming. But it's far from
> a problem for me.
>
> Thanks for checking in, and I have a feeling I'll be really pleased with
> this BARD program as soon as I get everything working. And, as I don't have
> any extra thumb drives floating around, just the one that's already sticking
> out of my computer's USB port that I use for backing up certain files and
> folders, I'll have to buy myself a second one just for this purpose. Or
> maybe just get a larger one than I have for the computer, and use the 2 GB
> one I've got as the device to play files on my NLS player, after cleaning it
> up, of course.
>
> Joel
> trasn----- Original Message -----

>>> password. After you receive this then you can download books. You must