[gui-talk] booksense xt and newsline

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Mon Apr 5 00:45:40 UTC 2010

It's possible to send to the memory device of your choice. Below is how.

1. Make sure that NFBNewsline In Your Pocket has been setup to recognize
the BookSense and that it's sending to both flashdisk and SD card.

2. Use a card reader and insert the SD card only into the computer and
do not connect the BookSense at all whatsoever.

3. Run the NFB Newsline in your Pocket software like normal.

It's actually looking for a removable device with the appropriate folder
structure and the appropriate .dat file in the right place. So if your
SD card has already been previously setup by the pocket software, it's
already set up to work right this way. So as long as you connect the SD
card alone without the BookSense, your publication updates will go into
the card and not into the flashdisk. I hope that in a future revision of
the pocket software, it can be made so the user can choose where to send
updates to, but in the mean time this is the work-around.

Hope this helps.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
http://www.asmodean.net