[gui-talk] Firefox pages not reading

Antonio M. Guimaraes iamantonio at cox.net
Mon Apr 5 17:27:40 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I am beginning to use Firefox, and since Jaws now remembers the place I was in, I am almost converted to using it as my primary browser. There are a few issues.

1. I set Firefox as my default browser, and now when I try to open Internet Explorer, Firefox takes over. I want it as my default browser for opening links from e-mails and such, but I still want Internet Explorer for some things.

2. After using a page, the browser acts as if there were a blank page there, and refuses to read that page again, even when I close and open a tab and try reopening the page.

It finally stops fussing after I close and re-open the browser.

Has anyone experienced any of this?

Sincerely,

Antonio Guimaraes

If an infinite number of rednecks riding in an infinite number of pickup trucks fire an infinite number of shotgun rounds at an infinite number of highway signs, they will eventually produce all the world's great literary works in Braille.

Shop online and support the NFB of RI at no additional cost to you.
http://www.givebackamerica.com/charity.php?b=169
Givebackamerica.org, America's Online Charity Shopping Mall