[gui-talk] For sale: unlocked Nokia N97 with Talks

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 18:24:03 UTC 2010

Greetings. Please pass this along to those you think may be
interested. I have a new, hardly used, unlocked Nokia N97 black cell phone
with Talks on it for sale. I bought the phone about a week ago, but
found that it wasn't meeting my needs. I'm willing to sell this to
anyone in the united states. The phone has a touch screen, slide out
qwerty keyboard and Talks 5 is already installed. I have SIM based
licensing and was assured that if anyone powers up the phone, Talks
will be in the 10 minute demo mode, so someone can do a few things or
register their copy of Talks before the demo runs out and they have to
reboot the phone. I have been careful to remove any settings or
customizations on the phone. The main one I can think of that is still
changed is the menu list is in a list view rather than a grid format.
However, this might end up being better for the Talks user since the
names of the list items aren't spoken in the grid view. There may be a
few other random settings that I didn't change back to factory
defaults, but nothing big.

I'm open to selling to someone that doesn't have Talks, but would
prefer to sell to a Talks user, since they won't have to worry about
installing it. You will need to have your own SIM card since the phone
does not come with one. I have the original box and accessories it
came with, though some items may be removed from their original
packaging. Accessories include: AC adapter, Bluetooth headset, USB
cable for syncing with PC and installing other apps, software CD, and
other items that came with phone. Read more at the phone's specific
page on the Amazon.com site at:

http://www.amazon.com/Nokia-N97-Touchscreen-Applications-U-S-Black/dp/B00295RBNI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1265600469&sr=1-1

Among other highlights, the phone includes: 5 megapixel camera,
integrated GPS, Bluetooth capabilities, Wi-Fi, GSM network compatible,
3G capable, long talk time if not on a 3G network (such as advertised
of 9.5 hours, just under 6 hours on 3G), and more. Again, refer to the
link above for more detailed information.

I'm asking $475. The phone retails at $699, and when I bought it,
Amazon was selling it for $487. I will pay UPS shipping. I accept
PayPal and have a verified PayPal address, which is different from my
main email address. Please get in touch privately if interested.

Sincerely,
Wayne Merritt
wcmerritt at gmail.com

--