[gui-talk] Losing Position On Google Search Results Page

hmp humbertoa5369 at netzero.net
Thu Feb 18 01:24:28 UTC 2010

Hello: I think your problem is a JAWS related problem. Maybe
there's something with JAWS that is making that stupid problem.

lately been encountering an annoying problem on the Google search
results page.  Whenever I click on one of the search results
using Enter, I am taken to that page.  But when I press Alt-left
arrow or select Back from the Context menu to return to the
Search Results page, I am taken not to the link I just clicked
on, but rather to the beginning of the search results.  Then I
have to use header navigation to return to my original position
on the Search Results page.  So, for example, if I select the
fifth result on the page, and then return to the results page, I
land at the very beginning of the search results  rather than
back at the heading for the fifth result.  Strangely, this
behavior doesn't seem to happen if I use Bing or Yahoo as my
search engine.  What's going on?  Is there some Google setting I
need to adjust  so that I am always returned to my original point
of origin on the results page rather than to the beginning of the
search results?  Thanks.