[gui-talk] here is some information on fire fox for screen readers

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Thu Feb 18 12:05:03 UTC 2010

As far as I'm concerned, the only really useful feature of Firefox is the
Webvisum add-on for solving image captias.  I happen to be an RSS feeds
junkie, and Firefox is totally useless for blind users for reading RSS feeds
because it does not maintain a separate feeds list like IE does, nor does it
provide audible feedback when a feed is discovered.  Also, JAWS does not
announce the title of a web page when it is loaded as it does with IE.  And
while tab browsing may be useful for sighted users, I see no advantage to
tab browsing over opening web pages in separate windows for blind users.
After all, we can only work with one tab or window at a time.

Gerald