[gui-talk] Cookie problems

Don H lmddh50 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 19 01:34:15 UTC 2010

Recently I have been experience a different behavior for cookies stored on
my computer from web sites like my on line banking.
In the past on a initial log on I would enter my user name and on the next
screen I would be asked a challenge question then be placed on a screen for
my password.
Then the next time I would log on I would be asked to enter my user name
then go right to the password screen thus not having to answer the challenge
questions.  I would assume that the info was stored in the cookie to avvoid
the challenge questions.  There is a check box on the challenge question
screen for recognize this computer and it is checked.
Now no matter what I do I have to answer the challenge questions at ever log
on.
When I look at the temporary internet files it seems that a cookie for the
bank web site is there.
Any one got a clue as to what has changed to cause this change in what info
is stored in the cookie.  Of course the bank says it's not their fault.
Any help would be appreciated.