[gui-talk] 32 bit VS 64 bit!

chris hallsworth christopherh40 at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 19 11:13:47 UTC 2010

Hi,
All machines are in fact 64 bit computers; it's the fact new ones now
come with a 64 bit operating system. You can however downgrade to 32 bit
if you feel the programs and hardware you use will not meet 64 bit
requirements. There is a 64 bit version of JAWS available, but that's
not all; you need to check that your current hardware has 64 bit drivers
as 32 bit drivers will not work on a 64 bit operating system. Most
standard 32 bit programs however will work just fine on a 64 bit
operating system. This is thanks to a special emulation 64 bit Windows
uses called wow64.

Signed by Chris Hallsworth
E-mail and Facebook: christopherh40 at googlemail.com
MSN: ch9675 at hotmail.com