[gui-talk] think it supports the reader now.

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 8 14:42:36 UTC 2010

Hi -- first, the reader is implemented on a Symbian operating system, so the
knfb people would have to port to the IPhone's OS.  This may or may not be
difficult, depending on the way the 2 operating systems work.  As for
quality of speech, from what I have heard, apple speech is very clear
compared to other synths.  It is quite pleasant to listen to a mac after
hearing a pc; the only caveat is that the more natural the speech, the less
clear it tends to be at ultra high speeds where most blind persons prefer
listening. But on a phone, perhaps the slower speed isn't a problem...? I
have my reader cranked up to high speed.
People say they can't see how I can understand it. And that's the way I like
it...*smile*
Happy listening.
--le