[gui-talk] Fwd: HumanWare Launches Victor Reader Stream CDEdition

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 10:41:06 UTC 2010

Hi -- I haven't yet downloaded any NLS books, but my BookSense handles NLS
books.  There is a folder and set of options for NLS books specifically, and
for RFBD books, and general DAISY books, and other documents.  It also has
folders for anything audio, movie soundtracks, podcasts and music.
It receives FM radio and can record sound files from mic or radio.
Listening to the manual today I also discovered it can operate on 3
different memories -- the internal flash memory (4GB) an SD card (the one in
there is 8GB), and it has a little dongle into which you can connect a thumb
drive.
I'm still getting used to navigating around and querying things. It takes a
little getting used to if you're used to jaws and windows.  I'm particularly
trying to figure out how to find out where I am without moving somewhere
else to find out where I was... But this has been my first day of heavy use.
Anyway, hope this answers your question.
I am absolutely sure that all the various players can handle NLS books.  I
would think that any DAISY reader out there would use that as a starting
point -- if it doesn't handle NLS books, what good is it?
Happy reading.
--le