[gui-talk] best way to use Twitter

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 01:08:29 UTC 2011

I think the main reason why Qwitter was stopped in development was
that the main developer was being hounded over and over again by
unappreciative people on Twitter with questions and complaints. He
finally got overwhelmed by it all and threw in the towel. I haven't
read through his timeline to see what was said, but I did read from
those that have and apparently there was a lot of back and forth
before it got to the point where he gave up development. Fortunately
though, it looks like some other Twitter clients are being developed
and are out there for public use, like cube and TwitMonger. Not sure
on the spelling of the latter one but have read a number of references
to it in people's tweets. I'm sure if anyone wanted to take over the
development, tech support and maintenance of Qwitter, that the
original developer wouldn't be opposed, :)

Wayne