[gui-talk] Telnet and/or SSH Program for Windows 7

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Jan 2 23:55:55 UTC 2011

Hi.  I have another Windows 7 question.  It appears that Microsoft is no longer distributing Hyperterminal with Windows 7, more's the pity.  And I couldn't find it on the downloads site, either.  I use Hyperterminal to Telnet into shells (yes, I still like UNIX shells occasionally), both on the job and at home.  And JAWS works surprisingly well at speaking terminal output in real time without having to review the screen.

What's a good Telnet and/or SSH client for Windows 7?  Come to think of it, I ought to look at the Kermit distribution site (when did you last hear of *that* program?) for I bet there's a Windows 7 distribution of it and it has a SSH and Telnet function -- at least the C version does.

T I A!

Mike