[gui-talk] Telnet and/or SSH Program for Windows 7

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Mon Jan 3 04:15:46 UTC 2011

Hi Mike,

You may like to try Hyperterminal Private Edition available at
www.hilgraeve.com.  I haven't tried this program myself but it sounds
like it may do what you need.

Regards Steve.

On Sun, 2 Jan 2011 15:55:55 -0800
Mike Freeman <k7uij at panix.com> wrote:

Hi.  I have another Windows 7 question.  It appears that Microsoft is no
longer distributing Hyperterminal with Windows 7, more's the pity.  And
I couldn't find it on the downloads site, either.  I use Hyperterminal
to Telnet into shells (yes, I still like UNIX shells occasionally), both
on the job and at home.  And JAWS works surprisingly well at speaking
terminal output in real time without having to review the screen.

What's a good Telnet and/or SSH client for Windows 7?  Come to think of
it, I ought to look at the Kermit distribution site (when did you last
hear of *that* program?) for I bet there's a Windows 7 distribution of
it and it has a SSH and Telnet function -- at least the C version does.

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net
MSN Messenger:  internetuser383 at hotmail.com
Skype:  steve1963