[gui-talk] how do I get htis thing off my machine?

Ken lawrence kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Fri Jul 22 14:17:13 UTC 2011

Hi list ken here.  My sister got this computer with norton preinstalled.  we didn’t install the antivirus on it because I told her it was inaccessible.  However the norton internet security is still on here.  when I tried to uninstall it I see select your uninstall preference, but the page as far as a screen reader knows it blank.  I have to see it apparently to uninstall it.  I’m also told that norton is like a weed you think it’s gone but it’s not.  so How do I get rid of this thing without a technically versed person.  it just gets in the way.  Also on a related issue Java has an update available but it has one of the stupid balloons to click.  How do I click that think it disappears before my finger leave the spacebar or enter key.  how do I update it with NVDA in particular?  need Java for GSN I think as well as some guest books of musicians.