[gui-talk] iTunes and File Sharing

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Sep 20 03:39:09 UTC 2011

Hello.

I'm trying to transfer some files from my PC to various iPhone apps using
iTunes. This used to work but seems to fail without a discernible error
message (at least according to both JAWS and NVDA) lately. I select the Apps
tab from iTunes, tab over to the file-sharing-capable apps list, select one
using the up- and down-arrow keys, tab over to the "Add" button, hit space
and find the file on disk using the file dialog. I thought I might have been
confused since I'm used to XP dialog syntax and am now on 7 with a 64-bit
machine. However, I am certain I'm doing it right but when I hit the "Open"
button to start the transfer, the system pauses half a second and then goes
right back to the "Add" button and no files are transferred.

Anyone else encountered this? Any solutions?

I've a call into Apple but they haven't a clue either.

T I A!

Mike