[gui-talk] Response to "The Hands That Feed"

Mike Arrigo n0oxy at charter.net
Sun Feb 26 19:27:00 UTC 2012

In response to this specificly, I do think that deeply disappointed is still too strong. Apple has included accessibility in all of their products, and it's very well done. Apple has gone well above and beyond the minimum requirements, to the point where voiceover is one of the best, if not the best screen reader around. I would put the capabilities of voiceover against the windows screen readers any day when it comes to functionality and useability. For this particular resolution, I would have said something like, we hope and encourage apple in the future to require that all approved applications be made as accessible as possible, by labeling all controls and making all elements of their application readable with the built in voiceover screen reader.