[gui-talk] APH's Money Talks and the Internet

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu Nov 22 04:49:53 UTC 2012

Thanks, Steve.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: gui-talk [mailto:gui-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Steve
Jacobson
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:15 PM
To: Discussion of the Graphical User Interface, GUI Talk Mailing List
Subject: Re: [gui-talk] APH's Money Talks and the Internet

Mike,

I have a vague recollection that there might have been a problem with the
update site recently.  There is a Money-Talk mailing list and it is pretty
low volume, so it is probably worth subscribing there and asking.
APH's developers watch the list and are pretty good about responding to
questions unless another user beats them to it.  I have the same setup on
another computer and will check that tomorrow to see if it works, meaning I
have Microsoft Security Essentials.

On Wed, 21 Nov 2012 19:39:06 -0800, Mike Freeman wrote:

>Greetings.

>I just installed the latest version of Money Talks from the American
>Printing House for the Blind. I really like the program. However, I
>have encountered a problem: I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium on a HP
>DVD7 Pavillioan laptop with JAWS 14 and Microsoft Security Essentials
>as my antivirus package (I was using VIPRE but it got too invasive and
>slowed my system down). Even though there's no update to Money Talks, I
>thought I'd see if "check for updates" works. However, Money Talks
>complains that I don't have an Internet connection. Huh? I most
>certainly do; I'm hard-wired to a router which goes to a cable modem and
voila.