[gui-talk] when will folks start raising hell regarding Windows Phone 8?

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Fri Nov 30 18:04:38 UTC 2012

Allen,

Just so it is clear, my comments were regarding Windows 8 phone, that there is pretty good reason to believe that is being worked on.  Microsoft pretty much skipped us in terms of accessibility to the Windows
7 mobile platform, but frankly, they ignored many other aspects of using a mobile phone that had to hurt them.  Of course, time will tell for sure how this plays out, but I feel pretty certain that if we don't get a
sense that what we believe will eventually be coming to Windows 8 phones, that there will be complaints.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 13:22:18 +0000, Hoffman, Allen wrote:

>Remember this about windows 8 phone, not desktop.  It's a big difference.  Frankly I don't think windows 8 on desktop is a big problem, and in reality has some improvements.

be making a dent in at least Android's sales.  One reason more has not been said is that there is some reason to believe that accessibility will be coming in Windows 8 for phones.  It doesn't have the priority that
most of us would like, but we don't think that it has been complegely forgotten has been the case with some other current products.

>Best regards,

>Steve Jacobson

>On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 23:09:50 -0500 (EST), Jude DaShiell wrote:

>>With Apple and Android available, why would anyone need Microsoft?On
>>Wed,
>>28 Nov 2012, Hoffman, Allen wrote:

>>> Lets be clear:
>>> Windows 8 for personal computers is not that big a deal in
>>> accessibility terms and can work fine.  Windows 8 RT for some devices
>>> can be problematic but is a small subset of windows.  Windows 8 Phone
>>> is
>the key challenge.

launching Vista, Windows7 and Windows 8 abruptly left the company.  Some reports claim that he resigned before the you know what over Win 8 hits the fan.  Other reports assert that he was forced to resign
because of personality clashes with MS CEO Steve Dallmer.