[gui-talk] Access TO Google Denied

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 23 04:20:40 UTC 2013

Dear llisters,

The list was so helpful last time I had a technical glitch I'm back to pick
your collective brains again. Last Friday I accidentally disconnected my DSL
line while doing something else around the box. I have a working online
connection again, but since then I have been getting an error 404 message
when I launch IE10. Tonight there is a new development yet in that it wants
to make MSN my new homepage, which I do not want. Google is where I want to
live on the web and I hope I'm not being served an eviction notice. When I
ping up google from the command prompt the output screen  reports no packet
loss, so there should be no reason I shouldn't be able to launch Google so I
can reestablish it as my default home page. Restarting Windows doesn't help
the situation either. Any suggestions are welcome.

TIA and best regards,

Rob Tabor