[gui-talk] [Trainer-talk] Job posting, tehcnology teacher

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 22:43:22 UTC 2013

Hi all. I have advertised for this opening several times on this list.
We have one opening because we were approved to get one more full time
position in the technology department last year. We have been trying
to fill this opening since then. It was up for awhile and then taken
down, and now it is going up again. I can understand the concern of
job security. While we are a state training center and the state
legislature dictates some of our funding, job security is sound. There
are some people that work here who have been here 5 years or less, and
there are those that have been here 15 or 20 years or more. I have
worked in the same department for 7 years, and still going. We have
one person who has been in tech over 10 years, and another that's been
here for around 15. Turnover in tehcnology is unusual since people
tend to get their tech jobs and stay there. Several people have been
hired over the last few years, because others moved to other positions
within the training center or went elsewhere. In other words, we are
no different than other state or private training centers these days.
My boss asks me to post the job announcements on these lists and on
social networks since he has gotten many more applicants that way
verses before, an the quality of the applicants seems to have improved
as well.

Regards,
Wayne Merritt